Through the sale of donated clothing, household items and other usable goods, Goodwill Industries of East Texas, Inc. improves lives in our community. With Goodwill’s support, job seekers, individuals with disadvantages or disabilities, and other members of our community gain self-esteem and become independent, self-sufficient citizens.
What Happens when I Donate an item to Goodwill?
*After you drop off your item(s), Goodwill employees, most of whom are disabled or disadvantaged, sort, tag, and sell the items at one of our stores.
* Store revenues pay for the wages and benefits of our employees
These revenues also provide job training…find out more : Career and Counseling Services
The Do’s and Do Not’s of Donation
* Separate clothing from other items when dropping them off.
* Make sure all of the items are clean, washed or dry cleaned.
* Wrap breakables in newspaper or bubble wrap.
* Wrap cords around electrical items.
* Include all pieces and parts to children’s games and toys.
* If donating a vehicle, include clear title and keys.
* Clean computer hard drives of personal and business information and include the operating system.
* Leave items unattended outside a collection center. We have several stores and Attended Donation Centers located through the area.
* Donate broken or soiled items.
* Give items that have been recalled, banned, or do not meet current safety standards. For more information, visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Your donation helps to improve lives in our community. Find out how your donations impact lives on our My Story page.